Quadrant engineering plastic products' stock shapes made of crystalline thermoplastic polyester, are marketed under the trade names Ertalyte (virgin grade) and Ertalytetx (filled grade).
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable with or even better than nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than polyacetal)
- Excellent stain resistance
- Better resistance to acids than nylon and polyacetal
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma-and X-rays)
Heavily loaded bearings (bushings, thrust washers, guides, etc.), dimensionally stable parts for mechanisms of precision (bushings, slide-ways, gear, rollers, pump components, etc.) and insulating components for electrical engineering.
Natural (white) I black. The specific properties of this virgin crystalline PET make it specially suitable for the manufacture of mechanical precision parts which have to sustain high loads and / or are subject to wear.
has not only an outstanding wear resistance, but offers in comparison with Ertalyte an even lower coefficient of friction as well as higher pressure velocity capabilities.