Ploybenzimidazole (PBI) (black)
CELAZAOLE PBI offers the highest temperature resistance and best mechanical property retention of all unfilled thermoplastics. Thanks to its unique property profile, CELAZOLE PBI might bring the ultimate solution when no other plastics material can. It is very appealing material to high-tech industries such as semiconductor, aircraft and aerospace industries.Main characteristics:
• Extremely high max. allowable service temperature in air (310 C continuously to 500C for short periods of time).
• Excellent retention of mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance over a wide range of temperatures
• Extremely low coefficient of linear thermal expansion up to 250C
• Excellent wear and frictional behaviour
• Inherent low flammability
• Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties.
• Low outgassing in vacuum (dry material)
• High purity in terms of ionic contamination
• Excellent resistance against high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)